Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of Paris Cine Fiesta, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms. PCF is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to PCF is not a guarantee of selection. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to PCF, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film. PCF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. PCF reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PCF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. PCF does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the PCF website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the PCF Laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for PCF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” films will receive prestigious PCF Trophy and Certificate.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
12. PCF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time.
The officially selected project in each month receives PCF laurel and certificate. All monthly Award Winners receive PCF laurel and customized certificate and are rated at their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
Besides the AWARD WINNER, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT and CRITICS' CHOICE AWARD, which are given in different categories.
Each year we select a Winner amongst all the monthly winners, who will receive the prestigious ANNUAL AWARDS.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for PCF to screen the film/video at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program. The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features and Short Film Programs. The filmmaker releases the festival from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry. The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival PCF is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats and all regions. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival (PCF) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event. The Film Festival (PCF) reserves the complete right to make changes in the program, dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.